- Access to network events, many of which are free to attend
- The opportunity to apply for academic-industry collaborations through Proof of Concept and Business Interaction Voucher funding
- Regular newsletters and news roundup from the Research Councils and EB community
- Networking opportunities with members from academia, industry and government.
- Promoting EB science to schools and the public through outreach activities
- Support for young professionals and Early Career Researchers (ECR)* through conference attendance, training and skills development, both in UK and overseas.
*ECR/Young Professional Definition:
To be considered an Early Career Researcher, you must be an academic/ postgraduate/post doctorate in a permanent position in a UK institution. This need not be full-time. Applicants at the time of submission:
1) must have no more than three years’ full-time employment (or the full-time equivalent taking account of career breaks, part-time employment, etc.) at lecturer or equivalent level, and
2) should not exceed 10 years in active postgraduate research studies and postdoctoral research employment.
To be considered a Young Professional, you must have been employed, post-graduation, for no more than 3 years outside academia in some form of R&D capacity.