Publically available information on our Business Interaction Vouchers, Proofs of Concept Awards, Placement Awards and ECR Conference Bursaries will be available here.
BIV 2020 Call – Funded Projects
The following projects have been awarded funding in our EB Network BIV2020 Call.
- Determination of microbial communities of laboratory anaerobic digestion tanks and impact of the CreChar additive on the microbial community dynamics – Prof James Chong, University of York/Dr Adam Ostrowski, Carbogenics Ltd
- Understanding anaerobic biodegrability of organic menstrual care products: technical feasibility and sector receptivity – Dr Yadira Bajon Fernandez, Cranfield University/Kimberley Dobney, Turn and Flow
- Meeting the nutrient neutrality challenge using newly developed biological technology – Dr Yonqiang Liu, University of Southampton/Adam White, Plantwork Systems Ltd
Publically available information for all awarded projects are available here.
POC 2020 Call – Funded Projects
- Enhancing PFASs Attenuation in Coastal brownfield Soils (EPACS): enhancing natural system attenuation capacity for a key emerging contaminant – Professor Andy Cundy, University of Southampton
- Bio-engineering of biochar for enhanced remediation of contaminated land – Dr Tony Gutierrez, Heriot Watt University
- Fibre Highways: translocation of the microbiome for pollutant bioremediation – Dr Angie Sherry, Northumbria University
- Development of a monooxygenase gene-based assay to characterise 1,4-dioxane bioremediation potential – Dr Simon Gregory, British Geological Survey
- In Situ Monitoring of Wastewater Treatment Plant Microbial Communities for Better Treatment Management – Dr Russell Davenport, Newcastle University
Publically available summaries for all awarded projects are available here.