We have a limited number of ECR* Conference Travel Bursaries, allocated competitively by call to pre-selected conferences. Applicants must have been accepted for a platform presentations – any variation on this will be notified on an event-by-event basis. Download the Guidance and Application Form for more information. [NOTE 2023: We have temporarily raised the Travel Bursary maximum level to £2,000 to reflect the rise in the cost-of-living and international flights.]
Priority will be given to applications received within 2 weeks of the conference notification date (if notification is delayed we will follow suit). In order to satisfy the bursary requirement we will be asking for a short video – suitable for upload for EBNet promotional purpose – from successful applicants. This would comprise a 5 min. talk, which we could use on the EBNet website (recorded at your convenience). This proviso would be a condition of the award. As a finite resource, these bursaries will be rationed across the lifetime of the Network so we do recommend early enquiries to avoid disappointment.
The following conferences are currently open:
- The IWA World Conference on Anaerobic Digestion, 2-6 June 2024, Istanbul.
- ISME19, 18-23 August 2024, Cape Town.
- The IWA World Water Congress & Exhibition, 11-15 August 2024, Toronto.
*Definition of ECR/Young Professional
To be considered an Early Career Researcher, you must be an academic/postgraduate/post-doctorate in a permanent position in a UK institution. This need not be full-time. Applicants at the time of submission must have no more than three years’ full-time employment (or the full-time equivalent taking account of career breaks, part-time employment, etc.) at lecturer or equivalent level and should not exceed 10 years in active postgraduate research studies and postdoctoral research employment.
Conferences we have previously supported:
- BIOMINING 2023, 5-6 June 2023, Falmouth (in conjunction with E3B: Metals in Biology – for details see here)
- Testing the Waters 6.* 26-27 June 2023, Oxford.
- BAGECO 2023, 26-30 June 2023, Copenhagen.
- ISMOS 9, 27-30 June 2023, Edinburgh.
- FEMS23, 9-13 July 2023 in Hamburg.
- 10th International Symposium on Wetland Pollutant Dynamics and Control (WETPOL), 10-14 September 2023, Bruges
- Aquaconsoil 2023, 11-15 September 2023, Prague.
- The IWA Microbial Ecology and Water Engineering (MEWE),11-14 September 2023, Brisbane.