The theme of this EBNet and Algae-UK joint event was “recent developments in the field of carbon capture, commercial development and integrated systems”. Held at Birkbeck College, London on 9 Oct 19, a stellar gathering of speakers explored the following topics. Talks were followed by a panel session, kindly chaired by Dr John Milledge, University of Greenwich.
- Prof Sonia Heaven, University of Southampton: “Introduction to the NIBB and to EBNet”
- Frank Rogalla, Aqualia: “All-Gas project: large scale production of biofuels using waste water and micro-algae”
- Dr Brenda Parker, UCL: “Design of Systems for Phycoremediation” and Indus video
- Prof Carole Llewellyn, Swansea University: “Using excess waste nutrients to cultivate algal biomass for high value products”
- Dr Michael Ross, SAMS: “Algal biotechnology at SAMS – with an emphasis on bioremediation”
- Prof Saul Purton, UCL: “Algae and the Environment: Funding opportunities, NIBB activities and research areas”