Creating a video of your research can be a really good way to illustrate and promote your ideas, papers and other research activities, both to other scientists and to the public.
Many of the tips on this course are also helpful for online meetings.
Each lesson is designed to be relatively short and there are plenty of opportunities to practice. The course has been designed to be done in order, although Lesson 5 on ‘Recording Powerpoint Presentations’ can be done as a standalone lesson.
- L0 – Introduction to the course
- L1 – Camera Angles and Lighting
- L2 – Background and Sound
- L3 – Equipment and (optional) L3a – Elevator Pitch
- L4 – Framing your videos and photos
- L5 – Recording a Powerpoint Presentation
Any tips, suggestions for improvement, other things we should add or errors can be directed to us at EBNet[at]EBNet.ac.uk – We hope you enjoy the course.